Thermal Management Specialists
Founded in 1989 as Cosmotec, the company started with the production of air conditioners for industrial control cabinets, which were soon complemented by chillers for automation processes and industrial applications such as laser cooling, machine tool cooling, oil cooling and any other process related to industrial air conditioning.
In 2001, Cosmotec joined STULZ GmbH, one of the world’s leading suppliers of energy-efficient temperature and humidity management technology solutions designed specifically for mission critical applications.
Industrial air conditioners for electrical panels
Why cool an electrical panel?
The cooling of electrical panels or cabinets is essential in any application to ensure the proper functioning of internal components and production processes, preventing and avoiding production and/or distribution downtime.
Cosmotec products offer protection against:
- the formation of high temperature and high humidity and consequently overheating and condensation;
- the infiltration of dust and/or sand, corrosive agents, etc;
- to prevent component wear, derating and failure, thus ensuring reliability, safety and efficiency.
Main factors influencing the choice of air conditioning type
The choice of air conditioning solution is mainly determined by the following factors:
- application:Indoor, cabinet positioned inside a building, or Outdoor, cabinet positioned in an outdoor environment;
- air quality: presence of humidity, dust, oils…;
- reference temperatures: internal (Ti) and external (Te)and the ratio between them (Ti>Te, Ti<Te);
- presence of chilled water..
Air conditioners for electrical cabinets exploit the principle of a refrigerated circuit using R134a (HFC) refrigerant gas, guarantee precise temperature control and offer simple installation on the electrical panel. Air conditioners are mainly recommended if:
- the outside air has a higher temperature value than the inside air;
- the ambient air is extremely oily or dusty;
- outside air and humidity must not enter the electrical cabinet;
- no hydraulic circuit is to be provided.